Children’s Gifts They’ll Love Forever
In our lives there are plenty of occasions to give adorable children’s gifts. Birthdays, christenings, Christmas and Easter are some of the special times we enjoy present giving. But our personal favourite is the ‘just because’ reason!
Tips on Choosing the Perfect Children’s Gifts
Choosing presents for kids is a bit like buying children’s clothing. You need to take their age, likes and dislikes, skill levels and allergies into consideration. Then we also suggest you think about these four points too:
- Personalised Gifts – children love to receive and own things with their names on it. If you are unable to find the perfect custom made present, you could always add their name by embroidering it onto a piece of clothing or blanket.
- Developmental Stage – younger children enjoy doing different things from their older peers. They also have different requirements in terms of safety. Check for small buttons or pieces they could swallow.
- Usefulness – presents which can be used are incredibly well received by parents and kids! Consider giving children’s gifts such as clothing, bedding, sleeping bags and nappy bags.
- Budget – think about the amount you are prepared to pay for a gift. It’s true that the thought counts more than the price when giving presents.
Popular Present Ideas for Children
When searching for presents for children, buying age appropriate gifts is your best bet. That way you are assured they will be safe for use, be enjoyed and will be well received by their parents too. Here at our Lower Hutt store and in our online gift shop too, we stock a wide range of popular children’s gifts:
- Need a present for a newborn? You can’t go past a nappy bag for practicality and Let’s Go Baby has some stunning handmade creations.
- For a baby under 6 months, a baby sleeping bag in which they can stay cosy while out for walks in the pram is a brilliant idea.
- Every little girl wants to be a princess and play dress up. We’ve just the right accessory for her hair with these pretty Ladybug Lane hair clips.
- Help a bigger child storm the castle with their very own knights dress up costume.
Think about the types of presents you enjoyed getting when you were young. Did you prefer handmade gifts? What made a present a good one? Were you able to use it many times throughout your childhood? Remember that as NZ gift experts, we are here to help you in any way we can. Give us a call, send us an email or pop into the store and ask our advice
Amour Heirlooms Soft Toys
Amour Heirlooms Soft Toys Hi my name is Anna For as long as I can remember I have always enjoyed crafting, from lead lighting, leather work, macrame, quilting, doll making, knitting, crocheting, and costume making as well as making these … Read More
Jo-Anna’s Attic Children’s Napkins
Jo-Anna’s Attic Children’s Napkins Make eating fun with these delightful and colourful children’s napkins from Jo-Anna’s Attic. Choose from colourful fish, scary monsters, sweet and whimsical birds and colourful birds. Made in 100% cotton for easy care.
Jo-Anna’s Attic Cot Quilts
Jo-Anna’s Attic Cot Quilts These cot quilts are hand made by Jo-Anna’s Attic using the best materials and come in a range of colours and patterns. Stylish Tumbler cot quilts are handcrafted with modern geometric fabrics, interspersed with chevron and spots. Created … Read More
Jo-Anna’s Attic Flannel Blankets
Jo-Anna’s Attic Flannel Blankets These flannel blankets are soft and snuggly for little babies. They come in a range of different colours and patterns for both boys and girls. Hand made in New Zealand by Jo-Anna’s Attic. Made from 100% … Read More
Jo-Anna’s Attic Minky Blankets
Jo-Anna’s Attic Minky Blankets These minky blankets are great gift ideas for children and they will be favourite blankets for a long time. They have 100% patterned fabric on one side and soft minky fabric on the other side. Proudly … Read More
Jo-Anna’s Attic Thingy Bags
Jo-Anna’s Attic Thingy Bags These hand made thingy bags are just perfect for holding all sorts of things from lego blocks, crayons to brushes and combs. They are perfect to keep your child’s room tidy and sorted. They come in a range … Read More