Children’s Gifts They’ll Love Forever
In our lives there are plenty of occasions to give adorable children’s gifts. Birthdays, christenings, Christmas and Easter are some of the special times we enjoy present giving. But our personal favourite is the ‘just because’ reason!
Tips on Choosing the Perfect Children’s Gifts
Choosing presents for kids is a bit like buying children’s clothing. You need to take their age, likes and dislikes, skill levels and allergies into consideration. Then we also suggest you think about these four points too:
- Personalised Gifts – children love to receive and own things with their names on it. If you are unable to find the perfect custom made present, you could always add their name by embroidering it onto a piece of clothing or blanket.
- Developmental Stage – younger children enjoy doing different things from their older peers. They also have different requirements in terms of safety. Check for small buttons or pieces they could swallow.
- Usefulness – presents which can be used are incredibly well received by parents and kids! Consider giving children’s gifts such as clothing, bedding, sleeping bags and nappy bags.
- Budget – think about the amount you are prepared to pay for a gift. It’s true that the thought counts more than the price when giving presents.
Popular Present Ideas for Children
When searching for presents for children, buying age appropriate gifts is your best bet. That way you are assured they will be safe for use, be enjoyed and will be well received by their parents too. Here at our Lower Hutt store and in our online gift shop too, we stock a wide range of popular children’s gifts:
- Need a present for a newborn? You can’t go past a nappy bag for practicality and Let’s Go Baby has some stunning handmade creations.
- For a baby under 6 months, a baby sleeping bag in which they can stay cosy while out for walks in the pram is a brilliant idea.
- Every little girl wants to be a princess and play dress up. We’ve just the right accessory for her hair with these pretty Ladybug Lane hair clips.
- Help a bigger child storm the castle with their very own knights dress up costume.
Think about the types of presents you enjoyed getting when you were young. Did you prefer handmade gifts? What made a present a good one? Were you able to use it many times throughout your childhood? Remember that as NZ gift experts, we are here to help you in any way we can. Give us a call, send us an email or pop into the store and ask our advice
Amour Heirlooms Soft Toys
Amour Heirlooms Soft Toys Hi my name is Anna For as long as I can remember I have always enjoyed crafting, from lead lighting, leather work, macrame, quilting, doll making, knitting, crocheting, and costume making as well as making these … Read More
Kimz Kreations Clown Costume
Gorgeous clown costumes that feature a long sleeve top in coordination fabrics and patterns and large flower buttons and topped off with a stretchy frill in coordinating fabrics. Ideal for school or theatre productions or for dress ups at home.
To fit approx size 6