Wellington Arts and Craft Classes
Learning a new craft is a life enriching experience. Our art and craft classes are run by experienced local Wellington artists on a wide range of topics from Oamaru stone carving, to card making and stamping.
Wellington Craft Workshops
Held during a weekday or a weekend, our craft classes are a great way to learn a new skill, make new friends and learn a new hobby. Held here at our Lower Hutt craft store, we have a purpose designed craft workshop room with all the craft supplies and tools available for you ready to use. Our range of classes changes regularly, but often include:
• Furniture painting and restoration workshops
• Card making classes
• Oamaru stone carving teaching
• Furniture making courses
• Art classes
• Making marbled paper
• Mixed media canvas
• Paverpol workshops
Choosing the Right Craft Classes in Wellington
When starting to learn a new craft or hobby, it is often easier to attend a workshop or course first. Not only will the instructor be able to introduce you to their speciality and demonstrate to you in person how to do it, but it also lets you try something new without investing a lot of money into it. When attending one of our Lower Hutt craft classes, the materials and tools are included within the cost of the course. This gives you the opportunity to see if you enjoy the craft or not before buying all the craft supplies for it.
Here at Gift Hutt, we only use experienced artists to teach our workshops. Each workshop is fully planned in advance and on the day, all you need to do is turn up and enjoy yourself. The tricky part is choosing which new skill to learn! So we’ve put together a few tips to help you:
• If you are an experienced crafter, be adventurous and choose something which you have never done before. If you are new to the craft world, something simple which does not require a lot of materials may be a better option.
• Find out if you are able to afford the materials to continue to practise your new craft after the lesson. But remember that you can recycle and repurpose things rather than buying new craft supplies every time.
• Bring a friend with you to your class. Decide which new skill you would both like to learn based upon your interests and experiences. Then after the class, you’ll both be able to work together on projects and help each other out with the new techniques you have learnt.
Our craft workshops are updated frequently and we are always looking for new tutors to come and share their art with us. If you would like to find out more about one of our courses, pop in and have a chat or send us an email. We are always happy to help!
Sweet Peony New Release Party
Sweet Peony New Release Party Make three gorgeous cards at the Sweet Peony New Release Party held here at Gift Hutt. This collection is just beautiful and the peonies are just gorgeous. Sweetly fragranced, and delicately airy, the graceful peony … Read More